CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Detox


To end this week...the elementary teachers decided to paint our frustrations away:) Even though we are blessed to be teaching on such a beautiful island, teaching is still teaching and the week before report cards is never a fun one.

Number of missing assignments turned at the last moment....way too many, number of mad parent emails........8, telling parents that they are responsible for checking the updated grades online weekly for an idea of their child's progess & putting the responsibility back on them....priceless.

My favorite student quote of the week...well there were two:

Stryker and Hunter are brothers- I have Hunter, Cristin has the other. Hunter is one smart yet crazy active child. Cristin asked Stryker, " tell me about your family..." to which he replied, " I have one sister, one half-brother, and one animal. His name is Hunter." I had to laugh when she told me this b/c even though they love each other and protect each other, they easily annoy each other. That is probably something that I love about this school. Even though it has its many problems, we get to see the families and how they interact and I for one really love observing the siblings in this school.

The other quote I hear evveeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyy week. Jevon...my quick- witted Canadian. Jevon:"Morning Mrs. Phillips!"
I then reply with, "Jevon, morning. It's Ms. by the way. "
Jevon: "Have faith, Mrs. Phillips, it'll happen someday." (as if I' m worried.)
My turn, "Jevon, that day is not today, it's Ms."
Jevon: "ok...we'll keep praying, for you and patience"
That usually is my cue to walk away:)


3rd grade teachers from GOOD OLE MISSISSIPPI.......they sure know how to represent with the best ice tea on this island:)

2 comments:

Kiley said...

Look at you, being all creative... I havent done that is so very long... How fun... and the little tale from javon - priceless ;) it just means he really really likes you....

MiddleEarthMusician said...

You plate is so pretty, I didn't know you were so artistic.