So putting on the academic regalia tonight made me feel like I was apart of something big. It was the first time I stood with the faculty and actually felt like I had a responsibility that goes beyond just teaching. Let's just say that the big picture became even a little more clear tonight. I not only want to make them strong students academically, but I want them to know how to stand on their own two feet and develop character that makes them stand apart from the world. It was hard to applaud the students and not wonder where they might end up and then question whether or not I am doing what I can to help my fifth graders this year. After all of this reflection, I have to admit that I did goof off throughout the ceremony b/c it was BORING!!!! You know, trying to get people to laugh, tying robes together, trying to fly with my arm wings, etc. I can only be expected to act like an adult for about an hour, after that, anything goes.
6 years ago
1 comments:
I hear ya. I almost never act like an adult.
Post a Comment