Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.
This day was incredibly fun....what do I like to do when I am not putting people on the river? U
mmm...get on it too! But spending a day rafting with fellow sisters in Christ is even better. Thanks to my friend Jana, we headed out to the Payette and just enjoyed some beautiful sunlight and cool water. One thing that will stick with me though is the discussion we had about what type of river we were all paddling in our spiritual lives and the interesting thought that someone brought up was something that we are all struggling with. When the waters are calm, we feel confident guiding our own boat and choosing which side of the river to go down. However, when there are "strainers" in the water or class 3-4 rapids throwing us around, that's when we want someone else to take over and fix things and make the situation better. I love how the LORD uses our time together in the midst of His incredible creation to help us share some of our struggles and speak honestly with one another. I can honestly say that days like today are ones that I praise God for b/c I love being in the water as well as being reminded of who He is-the best guide to show me the path and warn me of the dangers. I can find no better guide than Him.
mmm...get on it too! But spending a day rafting with fellow sisters in Christ is even better. Thanks to my friend Jana, we headed out to the Payette and just enjoyed some beautiful sunlight and cool water. One thing that will stick with me though is the discussion we had about what type of river we were all paddling in our spiritual lives and the interesting thought that someone brought up was something that we are all struggling with. When the waters are calm, we feel confident guiding our own boat and choosing which side of the river to go down. However, when there are "strainers" in the water or class 3-4 rapids throwing us around, that's when we want someone else to take over and fix things and make the situation better. I love how the LORD uses our time together in the midst of His incredible creation to help us share some of our struggles and speak honestly with one another. I can honestly say that days like today are ones that I praise God for b/c I love being in the water as well as being reminded of who He is-the best guide to show me the path and warn me of the dangers. I can find no better guide than Him. 
0 comments:
Post a Comment