CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

First day







First day of school
I just wanted to begin by saying that the weather here has been pretty nice. We are only experiencing slighty windy weather...nothing more than that. We haven't had any serious warnings- thank goodness b/c I am still trying to figure out where the shelter for my area is.
Things are coming together and God is teaching me a lot about standing firm in my convictions. I know that this area is considered "paradise" but it is still a battleground for souls. Please pray for me as I am still trying to find a home church. I have attended two churches and both of them were lacking in presenting God's Word in a way that helps build new believers up and still challenge regular attenders. For the next four weeks I am under contract to attend four Church of God Assemblies and who knows what God will do in that time. Lately I have been asked to do more than what I feel my position as female member in any church get together should do, and even though I love the challenge of presenting my thoughts, I need wisdom in making sure I stay in line with what is taught in Timothy.
What else.....hmmm...FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL....a little challenging...I had a hard time understanding what the students were saying b/c of their accents, ( it also doesn't help that I was playing games til 11 pm the night before with friends) and I have a large group of crazy loco boys in the class. I was firm when teaching and then got on their level and played basketball for an hour after school. Hopefully that'll balance things out a little. We got through a lot of material and I truly enjoyed the teaching atmosphere...being able to present God's Word and have teachable moments and be able to use the word "sin" as opposed to "we don't do that here" is so new to me. I am excited to see what the months ahead bring....so here are some of the pics of my class. Follwing that I was able to[Photo] have coffee and unwind with young Christian teachers that work at the other two private schools on the island...I love that we are able to get together and pray for the children of this island and be a witness.

0 comments: