So it's over for us... I am so glad that it went the way it did. All of us were prepared for something a little bigger than what we went through simply because the news made it seem like we were in for a strong storm. It started out with a strong current that we noticed yesterday afternoon and some choppy waves with very little rainfall. Following that was some wind around 5 pm. I was out with some friends until 9 and when I got home it started picking up. I had a hard time sleeping and it wasn't b/c of the storm, but it was b/c I thought I didn't put the parking brake on in my vehicle. I had dreams that it was swept into the ocean. The wind was very strong and it progressed to a category 2/3, I heard, by 2 am and that makes sense b/c I definetly heard the wind by then...I could hear trees snapping and feel the wind hit the house, but the house was firm and there was very little damage, some water in the washer/dryer room and some molding came off on the outside. We are waiting to hear how Cuba takes it now since it's a 3 and also listening to Jamaica's news in hopes that there are no more deaths. So the videos show the waves slowly building about 15 hours before the storm and the morning after.Sorry they are sideways, I'll try and not let that happen again.
My room
15 hours before the storm-usually the ocean is smooth like glass and here the wave are slowly building.
The morning after
1 comments:
First of all Eli says "HEY JILL!!"
Second, i am glad you and everyone/island is ok. What an experience. Sort of an awesome/terrifying experience?!?
Do you have a room mate now? Or have you always had one? Does school start back on Monday?
Keep up the videos - I LOVE THEM!
Post a Comment