CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 days for the 1st week of school-not bad

It isn't everyday that one hears on the PA system that schools are closed until further notice due to a hurricane headed our way. I was so excited to complete my first 5 days of school, but my week has been cut short due to the storm. After hurricane Ivan, no one takes hurricanes lightly. As "public servants" of the community, we get to as teachers, prep our classrooms for a possible shelter. So today we were told to pack everything up and place everything in plastic bags and then go home and get ready ourselves. Stores are packed with people, gasoline is running out and I can't get to the library to get a book for the storm:( But God is good and I am living with someone who is ready enough for both of us. I am going to enjoy tomorrow at the beach and then see what happens on Friday when it hits-wahoo!

1 comments:

MiddleEarthMusician said...

How scary/ exciting! However you look at it. Hope everyhting is okay.