CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snorkeling




After having spent some time in the classroom on Saturday, both Cristin and myself felt that time in the water was the best way to unwind. We attended the Church of God early morning service ( which was great by the way), grabbed her snorkel kits ( thank you Newhalls!!!)and headed out to Smith Cove and Cemetery Beach. We have had some storms roll on by which makes snorkeling an experience simply b/c the sound rain makes underwater is truly a unique one. We were cracking up however b/c as we were swimming out, we were immediately greeted by fish who wanted food and followed us out and swam right up in our faces almost the entire time. It was freaky at first, but then we adjusted. I couldn't help but laugh as the fish would swim up to my mask and wait like a puppy waiting for a bone. I would my my head in one direction and the fish would swim to stay right in my line of vision. I can't wait for Cristin to get certified so we can go deeper and see more of these colorful creatures. It was the perfect way for us to relax before we hit the classrooms again and get things settled her first day of school. She's excited and I am excited that she's excited. I can't wait to hear how her first day goes..five more hours and it all begins:)

0 comments: